Present: Anna Bryant, Trevor Bradshaw, Andy Prideaux, Andy Easton, Mike Willacy, Graham Black, John Durham, Larry Clarke, Graham John
Secretary's Report: Although CTC Plymouth is a small Section, support for rides was generally good throughout the year. Anna has done a good job keeping the 'B' riders together, distances being on the short ride.
Graham John was unanimously elected to serve for a third year as Section secretary.
There is no change in the current list of runs leaders. Graham John to inquire about the extent of CTC insurance cover. Does it extend to 3rd party insurance other than on Section runs? GJ to put together a list of members and emergency numbers for ride leaders.
It was agreed that there should be no car-assisted rides over the winter months. In view of shorter days it was agreed that rides should not exceed 40 miles. There will be no rides on Sunday 25th December and January 1st.
The Tamar 100 will be placed on hold next year in view of the lack of support for this DATC event this year. DA Devon committee to be consulted at a future date to see if the event might be re-introduced. If so, GJ to ask Geoff Sharpe for list of potentially interested active DA Devon members (Larry Clarke) and email them. Closing date for entry to be set and event cancelled if numbers are insufficient (John Durham).
Larry Clarke's YHA weekend (weekend of 4th September) was successful in spite of bad weather. It was suggested that the pace might be too fierce for some riders and the distance too far. J Durham, L Clarke, G Black to get together at a later stage to discuss possibility of a shorter weekend in August 2017, possibly using Travel Lodge or B&B.
Section Tour 2017: those present were enthusiastic about Dave Newman's offer to offer accommodation in his house in Josselyn . The following have asked to reserve a place: John and Jenifer Durham, Andy Easton, Mike Willacy, Trevor Bradshaw. Anyone else interested, please email Dave Newman asap: email@example.com Further details from D Newman to follow.
Section Christmas Lunch: Trevor Bradshaw agreed to look into this for us. It will be a lunch-time venue towards the beginning to December. Trevor to advise when he has made inquiries. He also asked for any suggestions to be emailed to him.
Graham J thanked Clare Hamon in her absence for suggesting to send a joint card to Trevor Petley who is currently receiving treatment for pancreatic cancer. Card duly signed by those present and delivered after the meeting by G John.
There was no other business. The meeting closed at 5:55 pm.
The date of the next meeting will be Sunday 24th September, 2017 at 5:00 pm. Venue to be confirmed.