Held at 5:00 pm at the Tresillian Centre, Cattedown, 20th Sept 2015
Present: Trevor Bradshaw, Ted Greenberry, John O'Rourke, Andy Easton, Yolande Beriot, Dave Newman, Nycci, Andy Prideaux, Larry Clarke, Jennifer and John Durham, Bryan Richardson, Sue Etheridge, Graham John
1. Apologies: Anna Bryant, Clare Hamon, Jean and John Harris, Julie Lang, Graham Black, Mike Willacy
Other absences: Caroline Sage, Graham Reed, George Sandford.
2. The minutes of the last AGM were unanimously approved.
3. There were no matters arising.
4. No other business was declared.
5. Secretary's report: Graham John said rides were often well supported and there was a new enthusiasm in the Section. He mentioned the Hostel Trip to Cholderton in particular.
6. Election of Secretary: Graham John said he was prepared to act as Secretary of a second year. Since there were no other candidates for the position GJ was elected for a second year.
7. It was agreed that it is good practice to have a First Aid kit with us on rides, but it was decided that this should not be formally written into our Constitution.
8. It was decided to keep our departure time to 9:30 am on Sundays except on special occasions when the change of time would be advertised on the Section website.
9. In addition to Graham John, Trevor Bradshaw, Larry Clarke, Graham Reed, Andy Easton, Graham Black and Mike Willacy, Dave Newman, Andy Prideaux and John Durham have agreed to lead rides. Graham John to inform DA Devon of additions. In 2015/16 it was generally agreed that we should try to find new routes and to introduce some car assisted rides from Callington, Tavistock and Ivybridge among other venues.
10. It was agreed that there would be a Section Tour in Brittany towards the end of May 2016 leaving from and returning to Roscoff, involving three overnight stays in different places. The duration will be 10 days and daily distances in the region of 40 miles a day. Graham, Yolande and John Durham to consider aspects of organising the trip and to produce a concrete proposal and costs by the end of October.
11. Larry Clarke agreed to look into the possibility of a YHA in Devon for next September. Larry to report back to the Section when he has more details.
12. The Treasure Hunt was badly supported by DA Devon Sections and it was decided not to organise this event in 2016. The Tamar 100 was also badly supported, but the event was blighted by bad weather on the day. It was decided to run this event next year more as a Section run and also to offer it as a DATC event. Graham was asked to alter the route so that it went over easier terrain – smoother road surfaces and less climbing. Graham to devise a new route for 2016.
13. Trevor agreed to look into arrangements for the Section “lunch”. It was agreed that this should not necessarily be held on a Sunday nor at lunch time. Trevor to report back when he more details.
14. Most people agreed to wearing a Section livery as a form of advertising for the Section. Sue Etheridge suggested that this should be high visibility yellow. John Durham said that the message should be clear and simple and maybe just involve the word “Plymouth CTC” on the back together with our web address. Cost might be a problem. Graham John and John Durham to look into options and report back to the Section with concrete suggestions.
15. No other business.
16. Date and Venue for next AGM: 5:00 pm 18th September 2016, Tresillian Centre, Cattedown.